UPDATE: 1.1.1 Released
- Better GUI.
- Filebrowser window.
- No more extra dialogue boxes.
- More user friendly
- Complete auto GUI Extraction
- Selfchecking and error checking
- Auto install gui on device
Mac Only (1.1.1): Download
Firmware Download: Download
GUIExtraction- This a program that is written in Java… This program requires that you have java installed.
Function: To extract Siri GUI files from iPhone 4S 9A406 firmware and compile them into a root based directory for installation or modification. THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT GET SIRI RESPONDING AND UTHED WITH SERVERS. THIS PROGRAM ALLOWS FOR EASY LEGAL ACCESS TO SIRI FILES.
This program is not complete. It was originally going to auto install the GUI on the device however since spire has been released this program is a passage to access the siri files and not install.
1. Install pkg file (should have already been done)
2. Download of iPhone 4S firmware (.ipsw).
3. It is suggested to make a folder that contains the ipsw.
4. DO NOT RENAME THE IPSW. Sometimes this causes conflicts sometimes it does not. Just to be safe don’t…
5. Open text edit and go to format < plain text. This is used for getting easy file directories.
Tutorial for program:
1. Open GUIExtraction in /Appications/i4siri
2. Read the greeting windows and press ok.
3. Now find your firmware in the folder you created and drag it into text edit. A directory should be there… Copy and paste the directory into the window and press ok.
4. You will notice in the folder a zip file is created then a folder.
5. The next window will ask to make sure all files are in the folder. Click ok when they are.
6. Now the program wants you to open final.dmg. Do that. (The reason for no automatic opening is because verifying can take some time on some computers)
7. Click ok when thats done.
8. A final window will appear when all files are extracted.
Tutorial for installing the GUI:
1.Copy Files in Root folders to your device
*Note : /System/LibraryPrivateFrameworks/AssistantServices.framework
Set permissions of the following files
-assistand (Root/wheel ,|Read,Write,Execute|Read,Write,Execute|Read,Execute or 775)
-assistant_services (Same as assistantd)
*Note : dylibs permissions
-files that copy to /usr/lib (same as assistantd)
-files that copy to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries (dylib)
3.Reboot. (if tethered reboot with redsn0w.)
4.Then edit your NxxAP.plist (Locate at /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app)
After this property:
you have to insert this:
This method is for iPod touch 4 & iPhone 4 users
Save the file and replace the one on the phone with your edited file.
6.Now go to Settings.app>General and turn on Siri
Developed by: Andrew Sheridan Special thanks to @ipoduplink for help with a substring value. @leftyfl1p also is a part of i4Siri